Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever left a job like an asshole?
Yes 4 23.53%
No 13 76.47%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By Keith
  • 1 Post By bonscott1
  • 2 Post By shoebootie
  • 2 Post By Jewelz
  • 2 Post By jcro21
  • 2 Post By g001dfinger
  • 1 Post By Keith

Old 03-04-2024, 03:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3787: The Plow w/ Kevin Allison and Calvin Cato

Favorites Kevin Allison and Calvin Cato help bid Chemda farewell as they discuss bad jobs and bad boys, a 22-year-old basketball coach impersonating a 13-year-old player, Oprah Winfrey leaving the board of WeightWatchers after admitting to using a weight-loss drug, Real Housewives stars suing Bravo and Andy Cohen for insidious behavior, and the Supreme Court ruling that no state could dump a federal candidate off any ballot.

Guests:
Calvin Cato

Kevin Allison

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and bluenova like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 06:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

When I was 20 I left a job at McDonalds with a 10 day notice and the manager complained that I didn't give a 2 week notice. Are you fucking kidding me? This is McDonalds. Last week you had to call a 17 year old employee's mom to ask where he was after he no-call no-showed for a shift.
The Girl likes this.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I will thumbs down a show on netflix so they know... just because I watched 4 or 5 seasons of it DOES NOT MEAN I LIKED IT. I had to finish it because of having the "i gotta finish this" disease.

WHOEVER told me to watch the show Manifest can 105% get fucked. I wish I remembered which asshole said "it's a slow start but it gets really good." It does not. Don't do it.
The Girl and bonscott1 like this.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

Holes

Every time Keith talks about digging holes when he was younger I think of the book/movie “Holes”. If you haven’t heard of it it’s where these juvenile delinquents have to dig holes looking for treasure for punishment. Maybe his dad got his punishment from this???? As Keith says he never had an original thought…😆
The Girl and jcro21 like this.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

Holes was written in 1998, so maybe Louis Sachar got the idea from Keith's dad? I think digging holes as punishment used to be more popular back in the day, Holes the book/Keith are not the only places I've heard of it.
The Girl and starscream like this.
Old 03-06-2024, 02:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

I was talking to someone who is more knowledgeable (than me) about the politics and the statements made in the Supreme Court decision. They said that part of the choice was to avoid red states from having more power to abuse. If states can say someone is not allowed on the ballot, it "takes away the ability for all of America to decide their president". As if Gerrymandering and all that shit isn't stopped for the same reason. But, it seems like the worry is that red states that have done shady things like Gerrymandering and making voting harder to stay in power, could then potentially try to use this tactic as well to take someone like Biden off their ballot if allowed. They keep trying to impeach him over nothing as is. Allowing this would also tip the balance of power from the federal government to the states, which they also don't want.
Old 03-13-2024, 04:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I just always assumed your Dad got the hole digging idea from Cool Hand Luke movie.
Keith and XenoTitty like this.
Old 03-13-2024, 04:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

And that dirt looked soft! I needed a pick-axe!
XenoTitty likes this.
Old 03-27-2024, 05:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

Honestly, no! Burning bridges isn't really my style. But, I can understand the frustration sometimes.